What is Aster Root Extract?
Also known as blue aster Aster is a common Compositae , produced in China, Japan, Russia, China mainly produced in Hebei , Inner Mongolia and northeastern provinces, usually grows in moist river zone, is blindly famous traditional Chinese medicine, a cough cured cold effect.
Chemical constituents of Aster Root Extract
Aster Root Generally contains freidelin， epifriedeliol，shionone， shionosideA、B and C， asetr saponinA、B、C、D、E、F、G， asterinA、B，astin， phytosterol glucosides, volatile oil， lachnophyllol，lachnophyl-lol acetate， anethole，hydrocarbon，fatty acid，Mans sweet family of acid etc.
Benefits of taking Aster Root Extract supplements:
Application of Modern Medical:
- Extraction and separation of table friedelin alcohol to airy ascites carcinoma have a certain anti-cancer effect.
- Decoction 1 g/kg to anesthesia rabbit suit, a significant expectoranting action (respiratory tract secretion measurement), sustainable more than 4 hours. With crude extracts and asters glucoside to rat oral, also can make its tracheal secretions increase obviously.
- In vitro against staphylococcus aureus, escherichia coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa, negroponte dysentery bacillus, proteus. Salmonella typhi, vibrio cholerae and common pathogenic dermatophytes has bacteriostatic action. Water decoction to influenza virus in chicken embryo urine bag has obvious inhibitory effect..
Application of traditional medicine
- Treats coughs and clears phlegm:
Being so sweet as to be moistening, so bitter as to be purging, also pungent and warm but not dry and mainly entering the lung channel, aster root is good at moisturizing the lungs, keeping adverse qi flowing downward, relieving stagnation in the lungs and resolving turbid phlegm so as to arrest coughing. It can also be used for new and old coughs of cold type and heat type as well as of deficiency type and of excess type.
- a) Coughs and throat itching due to attacks of wind-cold on the lungs:
Aster root is used in combination with jingjie (Herba Schizonepetae), balloon flower root (Radix Platycodi), etc.
- b) Phthisical coughs with bloody sputum due to yin deficiency:
Aster root is used in combination with donkey-hide gelatin, tendrilleaf fritillary bulb (Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae), etc., e.g., Wanghaizang Ziyuan Tang, in order to replenish yin, moisturize the lungs, resolve phlegm and arrest coughing.
- Treats pulmonary abscesses, lung-qi stagnation syndromes, etc.
Dosage and Administration:
Decoct aster root for oral administration.
It is used when raw to treat violent coughs due to affection caused by exopathogens and used after being fried with honey to treat prolonged coughs due to deficiency of the lungs.
Side effects and safety of Aster Root Extract
Tatarian aster has liver toxicity, coltsfoot flower and asters compatibility can significantly reduce the toxicity.
Dosage of Aster Root Extract supplement:
Consult your physician if you have any questions about the proper use of Aster Root Extract supplements.