- Powerful activity against bacteria & fungi at low concentrations
- Effective against gram negative & gram positive bacteria
- Effectiveness enhanced in alcohols
- Activity unaffected by presence of blood & other biological fluids
- Sporicidal effects at approximately 0.1% solutions at 60-80°C
- Most effective at pH 5.0 to 8.0
Anti-bacterial agent for a variety of formulations for hospitals and veterinary applications.
Preservative in cosmetic & pharmaceutical preparations. Used at concentrations up to 0.3% in creams, 0.05% in toothpastes, 0.1% in deodorants.
|Appearance||Clear, colourless solution|
|Assay||19.0 – 21.0% w/v|
|Density||Density 1.06 – 1.07kg/l|
|Solubility||Miscible in water and alcohols|
|Related Substances||Rel <3%|
|pH||5.5 to 7.0|
|CAS No.||18 472-51-0|
|Pack size||5 L, 25 L, 200kg, 1000kg IBC|