Hollyhocks were prevalent in ancient Roman times and it was common to find hollyhock flowers in Roman gardens, alongside rose and lily; hollyhock flowers have been depicted in art work found in ancient gardens. The ancient Greeks used the Althaea species of hollyhock as a sacrifice to Apollo in harvest celebrations; it was the Althaea species of hollyhock which had the greatest medicinal properties and was used as such by the ancient Greeks and Romans. Althaea is thought to be derived from the Greek word which means ‘to heal’, and therefore an appropriate name for the healing Althaea hollyhock species. The ancient Greeks used the roots of the hollyhock to treat inflammation, indigestion, diarrhea, earache and toothache. The medicinal benefits of hollyhock are also mentioned in the writings of Pliny.The ancient Romans used the fruit and flowers of the Althaea species of hollyhock in many culinary recipes. Hollyhock extract is also used in traditional Chinese Medicine. In the Victorian Language of Flowers, hollyhocks had a meaning of fruitfulness and ambition, and white hollyhocks were said to represent the female ambition.
1. Recently, Marshmallow has been used as an expectorant to treat a variety of upper respiratory problems.
2. Marshmallow reduces inflammation and has a calming effect on the body.
3. Although Marshmallow has primarily been used for the respiratory and digestive tracts, its high mucilage content may also provide some minor relief for urinary tract and skin infections.
4. Marshmallow’s mucilage content helps soothe inflamed tissues, often caused by bronchitis. Marshmallow also relieves dryness and irritation in the chest and throat, usually brought on by colds and persistent coughs.
5. Marshmallow has been known to relieve indigestion, kidney problems, urinary tract infections, and even external skin wounds such as boils and abscesses.
1. Applied in the food field, it has become a new raw material which used in food and beverage industry;
2. Applied in the health product field;
3. Applied in the pharmaceutical field.
Packing & Storage：
Pack in paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside. Net Weight: 25kgs/paper-drum.
1kg-5kgs plastic bag inside with aluminum foil bag outside. Net Weight: 20kgs-25kgs/paper-drum.
Store in a well-closed container away from moisture and light.
2 years if sealed and store away from direct sun light.
Natural Ingredients, Healthy Life.
Naturalin is a botanical/plant extracts manufacturer and Natural Ingredient Solutions provider.